The Well of Zam zam (or the Zamzam Well, or just Zam zam) is a well located within the Masjid al-Haram in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. It is a miraculously-generated source of water from God, which began thousands of years ago when Prophet Ibrahim's infant son Prophet Ismail was thirsty and kept crying for water. Prophet Ibrhaim kicked the ground and water gushed out. Millions of pilgrims visit the well each year while performing the Hajj or Umrah pilgrimages in order to drink its water, and is considered as a 'tourist' attraction to some.
Here are some interesting facts about Zam zam water that you may not know about:
1. With the blessings from God, Zam zam water can cure all kinds all illness
2. By drinking Zam zam water, ones wishes can be fulfilled but with the blessings from God
3. Zam zam water comes from a spring in heaven
4. Zam zam water is one sign of God's greatness
5. Zam zam water is among the great blessings and benefits of the Masjid al-Haram
6. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) used Zam zam water several times to cleanse himself physically and spiritually
7. Zam zam water is a drink for the nobles (al-abrar)
8. Zam zam water adds strength to the body
I leave you today with a mini documentary about Zam zam water.